Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CSA produce week 2


This week's bounty consists of: new potatoes, cucumbers, a tomato, lettuce, beets, onions, par-cel, squash, and cabbage.  Looking forward to that tomato!  And those potatoes!

I didn't make anything super special last week.  I just sauted the squash and swiss chard, and roasted the kale in the oven.  The onions are great, nice and sweet.  The beets were good too, but the small ones were a tad bitter.  I do have to figure out what to do with the cabbage though, so I need some ideas.  I have to cook it since eating it raw can cause baby gas since I am breastfeeding.  So send your cooked cabbage ideas my way!

1 comment:

Yara said...

man that looks so good.... out here it costs at least double : (
so not something I can swing right now. I DO need to get me to a farmers market though....
enjoy your fresh veggies

cabbage soup
cabbage rolls (like in an eggroll)
I always eat it raw, I don't stop eatting anything unless it bothers the baby first, which, thankfully, I've never had to do.