Monday, January 3, 2011

So who is Ida & Mae?

I'm glad you asked!  First let me welcome you to the new blog for my launch of Ida & Mae.  One of the main reasons I decided to relaunch my business with a new name and a new look is that I felt limited by the name Beadworks by Marcy.  I am going to be offering other items besides jewelry, so I needed a name that would not limit to me to......just beads!

And now to give you the meaning behind the name Ida & Mae.  Ida was my maternal grandmother.  She loved the Lord, served others with joy, lived very frugal and had a great sense of humor.  She passed away in 1995 and I miss her dearly, but she is worshipping at the feet of Jesus now.  I take such great comfort in knowing that, and as a Christian,  I know I will see her again one day in heaven.




Mae is the middle name of my paternal grandmother, Evelyn.  Our daughter Elise Mae carries her middle name too.  I just went to visit my family in September and got to spend some time with my grandma, and she was able to meet her great granddaughter for the first time.  She has been in and out of the hospital since Thanksgiving, her heart is failing.  She now has hospice coming in a few times a week.  As hard as it is to lose a loved one, she is ready to go home to Jesus.  And that gives me great comfort as well.



So that is who Ida & Mae are; my two precious grandma's.  I love being able to use their names for my business, it holds special meaning to me and it felt like a great way to honor them and keep my memories of them alive.

2 comments:

Gwyn Ellens said...

Aww, that's so cool. You are blessed to have such wonderful grandma's. They were blessed to have such an amazing granddaughter! I pray that God will richly bless your "new" endeavor!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful blog! Ready about your grandmother worshipping at the feet of Jesus gave me wonderful goosebumps. How can we feel sorrow for those we have lost knowing that they are in the presence of the true king. AWESOME!