Wednesday, August 19, 2009

CSA produce week 10, the final post


Well this week ended our CSA co-op for 2009.  Here is what we received in our box: tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, green beans, okra, hot peppers, cucumbers, parcel, two varieties of squash.

This photo is of one of the squash received, it is called Kabocha squash.  It is very similar to a pumpkin, yet sweeter.  I am excited to have this one, and I plan to bake it in the oven and scoop it out and use it in a sweet bread recipe!  Yum!  I'm ready for the fall squashes and pumpkins and all the yummy foods that come with the fall produce.  I am glad our farmer's market goes through October so that I can take advantage of some of these yummy fall veggies from our local farmers.


1 comment:

Nicki said...

Yum, it would make a nice Soup too Marcy I am sure.........we love Pumpkin soup and I can see it working in place of usual pumpkin, Gosh Join the Recipe blog hop on my blogg run by Brett Riggs and you will find some great bread recipes too that this will work in,
Hugs Nickimum