Sunday, November 8, 2009

Let me pause to brag on my husband for a minute


So I didn't get to blog at all yesterday, this cold has really taken its toll on me. Thankfully it is just a sinus cold with a little bit of a cough, but my head is so congested that its just hard to even think, let alone do all I have to do in a day. My wonderful, hardworking husband stayed up to clean the house so I could go to bed once the kids were down. How cool is that???

I thought it would be appropriate for me to talk about him a little bit. :) He works hard every day so I can stay home and raise our babies. I am very grateful for that, and I never want to take it for granted. Ron is a sales rep for a drum company (I'll let you figure out which one ;) and he travels one to two weeks a month to visit the dealers in his territory. He also sometimes leads drum clinics, where one of their endorsed artists comes to a store and plays and shows drumming tips. Last week Ron had a drum clinic in Richmond VA with Todd Sucherman (middle in the photo above), the drummer for Styx. The clinic started out with Ron talking about one of their newest products the Demon Drive drum pedal, then Todd played and talked to the audience. It went very well. Ron and Todd are hoping to do more clinics in the near future. Later this month, Ron will travel to Boston to do a clinic with Mike Mangini, the fastest drummer in the world.

I know some of you are probably thinking, "well that sounds like fun, easy work to me". Let me reassure you that it's not easy. He does enjoy himself, but he also is extremely busy when he travels and does clinics. There is very little down time as he goes from dealer to dealer and almost always a new hotel each night. Driving on roads he is not familiar with and often getting caught in rush hour traffic. Usually the only time we get to talk on the phone is when he has a long drive between dealer visits, or late at night when he is finally in his hotel room and finishing up some work on his laptop before going to bed. By the time he gets home from his trip, he is ready to crash. Then he does it all over again just a few weeks later.

This is just one of the MANY reasons I love and appreciate my hardworking husband and all he does to support us.

No comments: