Thursday, June 24, 2010

Maple cinnamon almond butter

I have one word to describe this nut butter, AMAZING!!!!  It is SO easy to make.  You just have to have patience when using the food processor to get it to a butter consistency.  I got the recipe from the edible perspective.  I just started following her blog and I love it!



First you roast the almonds in the oven with some maple syrup on top.  I used some awesome grade B maple syrup that Ron brought home from Vermont.  It is SO yummy!



Then you grind the almonds up in the food processor with some more maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and coconut oil.



This is what it looks like when you first start grinding.



Starting to look like butter now.  Just be patient, it takes a lot of stopping and scraping the sides to get to this point.  But I promise is does happen!



And the end result!!  An amazing tasting almond butter that is out of this world! It will not last long, trust me!  I made a double batch and it made enough to fill an 8 ounce jar.  Enjoy!

Here is Ashley's recipe:


Roasted Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter
1c Almonds
2.5T maple syrup
1/4t salt
1/2t cinnamon
1/2T oil [I used grapeseed – any light oil would work ie: safflower, sunflower, etc]
1. Preheat your oven to 325*
2. Line a pan with parchment if you don’t want to clean a sticky mess!  Pour the almonds on the pan with 1.5T of the maple syrup.
3. Roast for ~15min, stirring 3 times.  Watch so they don’t burn. 
4. Let them cool for 10+min.
5. Put in the food processor, with the salt, cinnamon and 1T maple syrup.
6. Turn the processor on.  Scrape down the bowl as needed. 
7. Stream in ~1/2T oil.  It took about 10min of scraping and processing before it was the consistency I wanted.  If you get to 15min and it’s still not as smooth as you want it, you can add 1/2T more oil, but that shouldn’t be necessary.  Just be patient 

**Notes**  Next time I will definitely make a double batch.  1- because it was THAT good 2- If you have a larger food processor [I think mine is 11c] it seems to do cream a little easier when you have more volume in the machine.  However, 1c did work and it was great if you just want a small amount.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Awesome!! I need to make more =) Your kids are sooo cute and that strawberry pie sounds delicious!