Monday, February 14, 2011

Homemade Valentine's Day chocolate

As you may have figured out by now, we do like to eat healthy.  So I am always on the lookout for fun, healthy, yummy snacks and treats for our family.  I learned about making some awesome healthy chocolate a couple years ago, so now it has become tradition for me to make some for Valentine's Day.


All it takes is 3 simple ingredients.  Cocoa, coconut oil, and honey (or your choice of healthy sweetener).


1 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup solid coconut oil, and 1/2 cup melted coconut oil.  Pulse until just blended, if you over mix it may separate.


Pour into a mold, or a wax paper lined pan and place in refrigerator until solid.


Be sure to taste it for quality control. :)


This chocolate needs to stay refrigerated due to the coconut oil.  But it is SO tasty!!!


My littlest Valentine. :)

3 comments:

wonderchris said...

We will definitely be making these!!!! They look amazing. We have some homemade agave caramel that I might hide inside!

Unknown said...

That sounds great Chris! I have friends who make this kind of chocolate to sell as a business, and they use agave. Here is their FB page if you would like to check them out: http://www.facebook.com/ridiculouschocolate

wonderchris said...

Thanks, Marcy!! I'll be placing a order soon. :)