Friday, July 8, 2011

Our mini vacation to Chattanooga

We drove down to Chattanooga and spent the night.  Its only a 2 hour drive from home, but it was nice to be able to get up and take our time getting ready before heading to the amusement park the next morning.  This was the first time we've taken the kids to an amusement park, and we all had fun!  So here are some photos from our mini vacation this week.



A neat little water fountain in front of the aquarium in downtown Chattanooga.


She loves water!


Walking across a glass bridge over to an old mansion in Chattanooga.


Walking across a pedestrian bridge in Chattanooga, that was fun!


Arriving at Lake Winnie!


Ronnie and daddy rode the parachute ride.  He was already hooked after that!


This was the only ride Elise went on without me.  That is a look of shear terror on her face.  Poor sweetheart!  She didn't cry, but she did not like it at all!


I remember these boats rides from amusement parks back when I was a kid!


She did enjoy the duck pond, and winning a stuffed animal. :)


The boys went on a paddle boat across the lake.


Of course they loved the splash pad area!


One of her favorite things to do, play in the water.


Riding on the carousel that was built in 1919.


Ronnie LOVED this little frog hopper ride!  He would just laugh and laugh the whole time.


And of course we rode the little train around the park a couple of times.  He just had to see the railroad crossing sign. :)


Ronnie and daddy coming off the tube ride.  Ronnie loved it so much that he and I rode it too.


Ronnie's first little roller coaster ride. He loved that too!


Ronnie and I coming down the boat chute.


It was fun and we got a little bit wet. :)


Elise actually did quite well waiting patiently in the stroller much of the day.  She grabbed her swimsuit in the hopes that we would go back to the splash pad area!


Daddy and Ronnie rode the chair lift ride across the lake.


That's me riding the big roller coaster.  I have not been on one in MANY years and I loved it!


Climbing to the top!


The boys did the sack slide.


Ronnie saying "all aboard!"

It sure was a fun day!  The kids passed out on the way home and slept great that night.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like it was a ton of fun! I haven't been to Lake Winnie in about five or six years. I used to go every summer, and I've been to quite a few theme parks, but Lake Winne always sticks close to my heart!!

So glad y'all got to enjoy it!!

-Many Smiles!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fun trip. Memories your kids will cherish, no doubt! I still remember as far back as the age of 5 when my parents would take us to Cedar Point. Those kinds of fun family trips stick. Way to go!

Josh Baron said...

that last comment was from Josh Baron. Though I am also relatively unknown:)